Monday 25 June 2012

you need an upgrade...to a new face!

I'm 38 weeks and 4 days.

I upgraded my phone. For the past 5 or 6 years I've used the cheapest pay-as-you-go model going after loosing a contract phone and not really trusting myself on the phone to t-mobile (last time I phoned to cancel my contract I somehow found myself agreeing to 16 months at £5 more a month), and I've found the brick-like reliability of an old school phone reassuring. But I decided to get a phone with a camera on for the sole reason that I know friends/relatives might like to get a text of pictures of the baby. Turns out that I could get a cheap "smartphone" for £10 less a month than I was paying. Which is good. But it doesn't have any buttons and I don't trust it. I've turned off all internet capabilities out of fear, although I did download an "app". I've been slowly getting to grips with sending texts, tapping my big pregnant fingers on the screen and pressing two of three letters at a time. I need a stick for dialling, like Homer does on the Simpsons (I could also do with one of his mumu's). I don't understand if I can put photos onto the laptop without using the internet on the phone, but I'm sure there'll be a way involving wires. So now I can take photos of my baby that look like polaroids and she'll be hip.

21st Century mum.

x x x x

No comments:

Post a Comment