Wednesday 28 March 2012

nesting

I'm 25 weeks and 5 days.

The nesting instinct must have set in, as I've been doing some proper mum cleaning. I found myself stood on a chair in the kitchen giving the high-up surfaces a "deep clean", for about 3 hours the other day. And I'm also feeling a need to set out a nice space for the baby at home. We're really lucky to be living in a 3 bed house, and we loosely call the two spare rooms my "sewing room" and "Dan's room" for his work stuff and music stuff. Baby is going to have half of my sewing room...I realise that needles and choke-hazard buttons aren't exactly baby-friendly, but the long term plan is to move before she gets to a crawling stage so it's more a place just to put a cot and make nice. She's going to be in a moses basket in our room for the first 6 months, so it's possible that the top room will never even be used as a nursery, but it's nice to have the space to make a nest for her any way.

I've been moving my sewing stuff/general crap down to one end of the room, so that she can have some bookshelves for children's books and toys, and room for a cot. My sewing space is a bit of a dump, but I've long given up on being a person who can have a tidy work space...I'm far too much of a hoarder.








And baby's shelves so far (I will manage to make them less full of junk as we buy more actual baby stuff)...



Exciting times! x

1 comment: